What we really didn't know is how beautiful western Connecticut is. I never knew anything about CT growing up, and as a New Englander, I adopted the idea that this state was like the black sheep in an environmentally gifted family.
Today Paul and I went to Lovers' Leap State Park, which is also an archeological site. I had to drag him along - the ideal way to spend an absolutely gorgeous, 74-degree-no-humidity day (or any day, for that matter) is on a bike - but after repeated reminders that he had left the day's activity up to me, he was prepared to enjoy himself. It was no hike by New Hampshire standards, but it was a wonderful way to spend a few hours. We followed the trails through the woods, up to lookouts over the Housatonic River (a part of which is called Lake Lillinonah, the indian princess "lover" who canoed her way over the falls), and we maybe climbed 200 feet. But check out the cool views and archeological sites you can "discover" along the way:
Not to change the subject, but I thought I'd share two things that are absorbing my free time right now. First, Harry Potter. I simply couldn't start the 7th book without re-reading the 6th and seeing the movie of the 5th so that I would be duly prepared to enjoy everything about the last installment, and I've only allowed myself to read at night or when I'm in transit because I've had so much reading to get through for work. BUT I JUST WANT TO READ IT ALL THE TIME. How do people deal with the fact that it's all over once they finish The Deathly Hallows? I've heard that the ending is satisfying, and I also know a little bit about who dies (I do not blame the child who didn't think I was listening when I heard this, but MAN...). I just can't believe that life will ever be the same when I'm done.
Also, we're watching the second season of Rome, which was just released. This show is incredible, and it only gets better with each episode. I don't even care about how historically accurate it is, because it is a fantastic story with amazing actors and ridiculously talented writers. If you're out there, Dad, and you haven't scheduled this show to arrive through Netflix, get to it RIGHT NOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment