Whew.
Today was the first day of classes. They were short classes, so we were done by 12. I think it was definitely my best first day of classes yet. Although my hands were shaking a bit by my third class, it had to be from all the coffee I drank, because I was barely nervous! I think we've been so busy that we didn't have time to let any nerves get to us, which is great.
My first group of students seemed a little miserable, but I think that might have been because it was 8:00 on a Saturday morning. Thankfully, each progressive class seemed a little smilier. Two of my classes have 14 kids, but the other two only have about 10. I'm pretty excited.
Another first, which is almost laughable to me, is that I am now the unoffical girls' JV cross country coach. Paul was slotted to assist with cross country, and I decided to come along to run with the slower girls, and now it seems like I'll be able to work with them regularly. I love it because the girls I end up running with - the newbies, the slowest - are the girls that I can relate to. I hope I can make the torture of running a little less painful and a little more successful for them.
One more first today...at least, I think it's a first. For the first time, Paul rode in an ambulance without being injured! One of the girls on the varsity team fainted - at least that's the story I've heard, and since Paul isn't back yet and has no way of getting in touch, I have no other information. It is a humid day in the nineties, and we had to reduce the planned workout.
This whole weekend is busy. Normally we'd be done after sports on Saturday, but as this is the first weekend, we have to run all sorts of activies on Sunday. Then the real routine begins on Monday.
I think I'm going to go nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment