Yeah, so, since we're only just making friends in our new home, we weren't exactly double-booked for labor day gatherings. I noticed that the days are getting shorter, that the leaves are looking like something that isn't quite green, and that the students are starting to arrive, and my biological response was a craving for beer and grilled chicken. Ah well...
We did, however, spend Saturday afternoon with some very cool new colleauges. Knowing that Paul is a cyclist, they invited us out for a bike ride and promised me that there would be a whole bunch of people of varying levels of cycling ability. Well, no, there was just Paul and I, the other couple, and one other cycling enthusiast, and so I was the fifth wheel. I have never dealt with hills like the ones that are around here. Triathlon aside, I am no cyclist. After blowing all of my muscle capacity out on the first two monster hills, Paul started to ride along side me and he actually pushed me up the hills. Yikes.
Anyway, we just met some of the students in our dorm. It was actually weird, having students show up today...we were just beginning to get used to our new home, and then kids start arriving, and now we have to get used to that, too! Funny thing about schools...
No comments:
Post a Comment