Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Coming up for air

Is it Thanksgiving yet?

Somebody promised me that the workload here is great because you blink and it's Thanksgiving. I can believe it, but I wish it were Thanksgiving NOW.

This is a crazy way to live. I'm up at 6 so that I have some time to prepare before my first class at 7:45. Classes and meetings go until 2:35, and then practice starts at 3. Luckily, cross country practices are short - there's only so much torture you can inflict on the kids. Dinner starts at 6, and then dorm duty when we're on, starts at 7:15. In any case, I've been prepping and grading until at least 10:30 each night. And then I'm lucky if I can calm my brain down long enough to lure it into sleep.

I've reached the light at the end of the tunnel, though. Tomorrow is my non-teaching day - that means that I don't have to teach, but I do have to go to practice and do dorm duty and go to my department meeting. I also have to meet with two students for plagiarizing on the first assignment of the year and spend some time at the DMV in Danbury.

I'm so dazed I'm afraid my time to relax is going to be over before I realize how to enjoy it.

No comments: