Thursday, August 30, 2007

Settled? Define "settled."

The last of the boxes have disappeared, their contents stored in places that may or may not make sense. We're happy with our setup and our space, and while we're lacking a few final details (bathrugs, bedside tables, hanging artwork and pictures), we're feeling like we've established something of a home in our dorm apartment. I'll post some pictures as soon as I feel like we're really done. For now, it would be fun to share the views from our living room/dining room windows:





We've survived two long days of new faculty training, and tomorrow we start faculty meetings and department meetings and all that fun stuff. The single most comforting thing about this gigantic change in our lives is how amazingly NICE everyone is. I have never felt so welcome in a new environment, and if the workload doesn't kill me (as it very well could, from the looks of it), I think we might really love it here.

No comments: