Sunday, October 7, 2007

One Thing I Learned Today

It seems to me that when all one does is teach, there isn't much to write about.

But I am reconsidering that idea. Every day I have something or things turning over in my head incessantly; sometimes I have trouble falling asleep because I'm thinking so much. Did I react correctly in class? Did I make sure to give that student the positive feedback he seems to need? Will I remember tomorrow to follow up with the kid who was rude in class the other day? Will I have time to catch up with the learning specialist to discuss the student who can't spell "very"? Did I ruin anyone's life today?

So I think I might have plenty to write about, and plenty that might be of interest to people that aren't actually teachers. We'll see.

In much, much more interesting news, our bestest friends ALAN and MELANIE got engaged today!! We got the call this afternoon from their three-day getaway to Maine, and I couldn't help but jump around the apartment screaming like a crazy person. It is truly the most wonderful thing. Seriously. It's a REALLY BIG DEAL. I can't wait until the wedding planning - it must be more fun to help someone plan than to plan one's own friggin wedding.

That said, I'll have a smile on my face all week. No amount of second-guessing myself will wipe this giddiness from my day!

No comments: