I guess, if someone were to twist my arm and make me say it, I would say that I do like this new life.
I may be more inclined to say this after yesterday's anomaly of free time. Saturday's half day of classes were shortened so that all the athletic teams could travel to another school for their parents' weekend athletic events, but it rained so much over night and all morning that all but the football game were cancelled. Consequently, instead of spending 8 hours after classes travelling and coaching a cross country race, we finished classes at 11 and had the rest of the day free. This freedom was further enhanced by the company of Quincy, our neighbor's brand-new black lab puppy, whose parents were away for the day and needed a puppy-sitter. Paul and I spent the entire afternoon playing with the puppy, watching worthless tv, and reading lazily. I drank a beer at 2:00 because, dammit, I could. What's not to like?
Otherwise, things seem to be going well in our new jobs. We are both excited about the projects we're currently doing with our classes. I'm trying to enjoy the challenge of working with the students who are really getting my goat. I feel like I'm not totally overwhelmed and on the brink of running off campus screaming- for once. Squash season is approaching, and I'm going to go hit around today to see how it feels. We'll go to the farm later on to buy a pumpkin, and Paul's going to throw the hollowed pumpkin filled with some wonderful soup-like substance in the oven, and we'll have a beer, and we'll watch as much of game 4 tonight before turning in for a refreshingly not-well-deserved sleep. So, yeah, I suppose I'm coming around.
Does anyone know why there are so many ladybugs crawling around the inside of our windows?

1 comment:
That puppy is so cute!! I do know why you have so many lady bugs I saw it on the news last week. This is the time of year when they are around. They say they are harmless and will find their own way out of the house. They also said if you squash them they will emit a fowl odor so it is best to just leave them be.:)
love,
your #1 sister-in-law
Post a Comment