Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Mama

I have become one crazy mama.

We drove back from Boston today, and after a little nap (I was up around 6:00 reading because I woke up from a dream that a tech at the doctor's office told me that Baby Dolan is a boy), I got down to business. I planned my classes through the end of the marking period and wrote syllabi. I vacuumed, cleaned out closets, did the on-line banking, and ordered the roof rack for the car.

It just wasn't enough.

Paul is at his wits' end with me. He's totally on vacation. He spent the afternoon watching a stage of the Paris-Nice tour, playing with Duffy, and reading a book about gardening. Meanwhile, I'm freaking out because I need to get the dresser/changing table from Rochester to here so that I can begin to wash clothes and put them somewhere, and he doesn't want to deal with the hassle of renting a van and driving two cars back. Yet he can't tell me how we're going to transport the dresser with a Prius filled with a bike, a dog, and luggage. We have to get the roof rack from Boston and he can't pin down a date for me. We're supposed to drive the baseball team to the airport tomorrow to make a little extra money, and he didn't have all the details.

I ended up in the kitchen in a fit of laughter and tears because I have this ticking time bomb in my belly. He's trying to ask me what I want for dinner, and I HAVE TO CLEAN OUT THE CLOSET TO MAKE ROOM FOR MORE STUFF NOW. If I don't do it now, there will be a baby here and I won't have time to talk about what I want for dinner, or sleep, or wash baby clothes, let alone clean closets!!

Where am I supposed to put all this stuff?

This is a baby room?? And there's so much more we need!!!

Do they make drugs for third trimester anxiety?

No comments: