Effort is the word of the week.
It was all over my academic comments because my sophomores are scarily averse to working at anything that is challenging. Too hard? Forget it. There are video games to play, text messages to send, and facebook statuses to update.
It is how I feel when walking Duffy or climbing stairs. It is scary how hard it is to carry an extra 30 pounds around all day. It takes way more effort to stay on my feet while blow-drying my hair. What's the deal with that?
It's what I needed to have such a nice visit with the in-laws this time around. It was really hard having to board our dog since he wasn't allowed to come with us - in fact, Paul almost convinced me that he and Duffy would sleep out in the backyard in a tent in an effort to save the money it would cost to board him and to avoid the pain of being away from him - and then, adding insult to injury, having the spoiled puggle use me as a scratching post. But the effort paid off; it was a weekend of familial harmony while we celebrated Timmy's retirement and ate way too much.
So I think, since I'm on vacation and eight months pregnant, that I may make more of an effort to keep my creative brain nimble. Though I'm sure most of my posts will be pregnancy and baby related for the rest of my life, I will make an effort to write. Hold me to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment