Monday, August 25, 2008

Progress

Duffy seems to be doing better with his walks. Loud, sudden noises still stop him in his tracks, but he's much more willing to walk the campus than he was. I think he is warming up to the compliments he receives when we run into other people on our walks.

Like Duffy, I think I'm doing better, too. A small comfort has been the home-made ice-cream that Paul made this weekend: "outrageous vanilla" with ginger snaps. It is unbelievable.

It also helps that school stuff gets going this week. We have a few meetings and we can get serious about lessons and planning. THANK GOD. I can't take any more time to myself. I know how ridiculous that is given that pretty soon I will have no time to myself, but vacation needs to be over. It's really, really time to get back to a routine. It was time a long time ago. Poor me.

Alright, kids: bring it. I'm ready for the hurt.

No comments: