Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge: A good idea?

I've always been a little envious of bloggers. How do they actually get people interested in what they have to say? How do they have the time to maintain a blog and keep up with the world? And then it dawned on me that this may be the only time in my life when I could positively answer both of those questions. I have been answering a ton of questions about the wedding, the honeymoon, and our next steps lately, so someone must be interested in what I have to say about all this. And, I've got the rest of the summer on my hands! My to-do list of things that have to get done before September is quite overwhelming, but I'm not really working, which is so strange. I can actually do what I need and want to do when I need and want to do them! What an incredible concept - it really blows me away.

So with reservation, I jump too, and start a blog.

Paul and I were married on Independence Day. We are newlyweds. The honeymoon, quite literally, is over. The life of the figurative honeymoon is yet to be determined.

I walked over to the Social Security office on Friday to apply for a new card under my new identity: Emily Dolan. As I walked out, I wondered if I had made a terrible mistake: my initials are now the overused ID for the tragic ailment known as Erectile Dysfunction. Paul, however, pointed out that it also stands for Education. I supppose I will go with Emily Gonzales Dolan in most situations.

Last night Paul's Aunt Geri presented Paul and I with a really wonderful slideshow of pictures from our wedding. She put a ton of thought and effort into it, and it was really touching. I simply cannot believe how beautiful our wedding turned out. I kind of don't believe I deserved such a perfect day after all the bitching and moaning that I did leading up to it. But somehow, everything fell into place, just as everyone said it would, and I couldn't have been happier. Anyway, I'm going to try to put the slideshow up here in some fashion, along with a link to pics from the honeymoon and wedding when I get them. Wish me luck!

Link to Geri's slideshow on YouTube

No comments: