Monday, July 23, 2007

Couldn't be happier

Today Paul and I helped Al and Mel move into their new home in Worcester, and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong: moving is not fun. In fact, beware friends in academia, because they have more books than any normal person should have. And friends in academia who live on the third floor of a house on a hill are particularly troublesome. But now, after a long morning of up and down those mountainous stairs, we sit in their gorgeously-painted living room, drinking their wonderful Smuttynose beer, sharing the feeling of "wow, we live here" (even though we don't), and anticipating the good feeling that comes from enjoying a greasy pizza after a long day of physical labor. I seriously couldn't be happier. Congrats to our home-owning friends.

Now I want a new home.

Alas, we are slotted to move into a dorm apartment at the end of August. It is, mind you, an apartment with four - count them four - closets. And a washer and dryer in the bathroom! Does life get any better? Well, one could own a home. But this may be next best. And we don't have to pay taxes. So we got that going for us, which is good. (Sorry, Al and Mel.)

1 comment:

Larry Tate said...

Your husband has bad gas. See a doctor.