After waking up disappointed that I slept through the night without any signs of labor, I was a bit of a wreck this morning. I took Duffy on a long walk through the woods and fields and listened to an unfortunate podcast for 40-weekers that did nothing but make me more anxious. With four days until my scheduled CBAC, I feel like each second without a contraction is a waste.
I don't do Twitter much, but when I'm not working, I tend to go back to pages and pages of what I've missed. This morning, I did just that, and was serendipitously surprised with a series of Tweets from ICAN, the International Cesarian Awareness Network.
The recent increase in ICAN Tweets is because it's Cesarian Awareness Month. Here are some of what I read today:
- Today's CAM task: For those of you who have had a cesarean, find a quiet spot today, and touch your scar. Spend a few minutes with it. If your scar could speak, what would it say? Be gentle with yourself.
- Even without a 100% guarantee of VBAC success - the base rate is now the same as for ANY woman going for a vaginal birth. 32.9 cesarean rate.
- Unnecessary cesareans have widespread impact. They are changing culture, ability and health statuses in the long and short term.
For some reason, these short blurbs and the others I read felt good. Right. I'm on a mission. And it's a good one. I have to keep my hopes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment