I thought the books I've chosen to gift this year might be an interesting list to share.
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, by Bill Bryson, for the men who like to remember how things used to be before kids wore leashes.
The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant, a book that I loved. I thought I was the last woman in the world to read it, but I've found others!
god is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything, by Christopher Hutchins. An interesting choice following The Red Tent, but it seems like a super interesting discussion of the fallacy of god in an array of religions.
The Yiddish Policemen's Union, by Michael Chabon.
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, by Gregory Maguire, for someone who used to read The Wizard of Oz to Michael and me before bed.
Cam Jansen and the Snowy Day Mystery and Cam Janson and the Tennis Trophy Mystery, for a certain budding little brain that might enjoy sleuthing (and reading soon, too).
Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus and Junie B. Jones is (Almost) a Flower Girl, for another budding brain who might just be interested in reading by herself.
What books are you giving?
2 comments:
Hey Emily!
Throughout the year, I've given Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert) to almost every woman I know. For Christmas, I also gave The Echo Maker (Richard Powers) and Persepolis (Marjane Satrapi). Kids got The Lorax (Dr. Seuss) and Up in the Tree (Margaret Atwood).
Happy New Year!
kp
D'oh! And...
Although I'm not much for Hitchens, I do love the similar-soundingly named Chris Hedges, who wrote War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning in 2002. If you're into tough-issue-reading, it's fairly short and very engaging.
Post a Comment