Sunday, April 13, 2008

Goings on

I have "PFS": patellofemoral syndrome. My knee cap is being pulled to one side because some of my muscles are lazy while others are overachievers. Stupid muscles. As if there wasn't already enough inbalance in my life?
*
I don't think it shocked anyone, including muself, when I fell for a guy from my graduate program in English. My marriage to Paul was predicted by Beth and Nicole back in 8th or 9th grade one night. Nicole was in the other twin bed in my room, and Beth was on the floor between the two beds when we were speculating about our future families. My marriage would spawn bookish nerds, and family entertainment would be sitting in a den reading literature aloud. No wonder I got such a kick out of Rachel Donadio's back-page essay in the book review last week, titled "It's Not You, It's Your Books."
*
My tennis team is 0-3. It's not looking pretty. Next year, I'm taking them south during March break so we can get the practice that all the other teams get before the season starts. Why not??

No comments: