The girls are back. They're all screaming up and down the halls. The country club atmosphere is no longer.
So classes start tomorrow, and I've been a planning, organizing machine all week. I'm ready to get to it. The real question is, are the students ready for this super planned, organized machine to start assigning them work?? We shall see.
I started lifting again this week. I haven't lifted since I was training for the tri, and Coach Paul had me quit the lifting with 2 months left until the event. I love feeling like I have something inside of me that is holding me up. After Christmas break I felt like my body was full of delicious desserts, wine, and bagels, and nothing else.
I usually do really well with a routine, but I'm afraid the regime won't stick once I start classes tomorrow. The problem with teaching is that the work is NEVER done, and so when it comes down to deciding if I'll plan or grade or follow up with students or if I'll go to the Athletic Center for an hour, well...what would most women do?
According to The Mayo Clinic, "Women experience an even greater fat percentage increase than men do." Maybe I'll just have to live with the extra feminine subcutaneous fat I've gained since coming to this stress-center they call a school. Or, better yet, maybe eventually I'll learn how to lead a normal life here.
No comments:
Post a Comment